Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Next plate--M.C. Escher

This M.C. Escher Fish Tessellation is my my next plate in my famous artwork plate series. I've been wondering how the hell I'm going to tackle this for the past few days and I think I have come up with a plan.
First step is already accomplished. I have applied 3 coats of white majolica glaze, as a base, to a bisque-fired plate.
I think the next step will be to draw just the outlines of each fish on the plate, with no inner details.
Step Three:  I'm going to paint all the black fish as silhouettes and then gently scratch through the black glaze to reveal white lines of the base glaze.
I think the next step will be the bitch for me, and my painting abilities, but  I'm going to attempt to paint the black-lined details on the white fish with a really fine brush. No doubt I'll probably have to have a few beers in me to give me patience and steadiness of hand. Haven't even thought about the exterior black lines yet but if I get that far, the lines should be a piece of cake.

No comments: