Thursday, March 06, 2014

Picasso Plate

A famous and well know drawing by Picasso. I've actually seen this drawing many, many times over the years but I recently found this carved image on a piece of pottery made by Picasso himself.
While searching the internet for images of Picasso pottery I found this image carved into a rectangular yellow plate. Thought it would look good hanging on my wall so I gave it a try. It is not hanging on my wall yet but I really like it.
In the past I have called this clay body "white earthen ware" but it really isn't an earthenware body. It is made by Continental Clay and is called "Raku-Wet" and has a firing range from cone 06 to cone 10. I glazed this plate with Amaco Majolica glazes and fired it to cone 04.
I liked the results of this plate so much that I decided to try a series of plates with images of some of my favorite artists of the 20th Century.
I'm currently glazing a Lichtenstein painting on a plate using the Amaco majolica glazes. Stay tuned for the finished results.

No comments: