Piet Mondrian's "Composition II in Red Yellow and Blue." All I can say is that painting this was not as easy as I thought it would be. It was the black lines that was the difficult part.
I actually fired this plate three times. The first time I fired it to approximately cone 06 to harden up the white base coat of majolica glaze. Then I used scotch tape to mask-out the lines for the red, blue and yellow. Once painted I fired it again to cone 06.
Then I masked-out and painted the black lines and fired it to cone 04.
Pots by the Pound and Other News - Fall has brought a flurry of activity with it! We got a last blast of summer weather last week, including one day in the upper 80s. This was fabulous for...
2 weeks ago