New and improved Raku Burner System.
This was the base of one of those deep-fried oil turkey cookers. The legs were unscrewed from the top ring and the ring was lowered about four inches. I used vise-grips to clamp the legs back in place and then drilled new holes into the shorter legs. I used the original screws to secure the legs back onto the top ring. Next I bent down the legs to serve as supports for the kiln.
The burner came from my old kiln. The only difference is that a 90 degree brass elbow was screwed onto the burner to create an updraft burner.
The turkey burner was removed from the unit and 3 inches were cut out from the mounting cross member. The burner was then slid right into place.
Next step is to line another garbage can with some fiber.
Pots by the Pound and Other News - Fall has brought a flurry of activity with it! We got a last blast of summer weather last week, including one day in the upper 80s. This was fabulous for...
2 weeks ago