We began placing wood in the barrel, first using
old dead grape vines. These were handy at the
burn pile and seemed to make a nice start.
After the really light stuff we went a bit heavier
with broken up pieces of slats and then pieces of
shipping pallets. In between we also sprinkled
some more fertilizer and copper carbonate.
Once the barrel was about half full I dumped a box of wood pieces from my friend Dave's garage. It was anything from plywood to other wood that he had built cabinets out of. And finally on top of that we addied the bigger hard wood, split hickory that John's brother Joe gave us.
Now that the barrel was fully loaded we were ready to light it up.
Berry Bowl, in Berry Season - It's raspberry season once again, and my unmowable slope is earning its keep. For a week or so in July, I get a full colander every day. The little berry ...
2 weeks ago