I scrounged a piece of fiber board from a friend of mine who worked for a furnace/AC repair place. Using a utility knife I cut out about 20 squares that measured 1-1/2 by 1-1/2 inches. The board was 1-inch thick.
I used High Temp. Wire, 8 inches long for each button. The wire I used was the thicker gauge wire made by Kemper. I think it was about 5 dollars for 10 feet of it. I bought 3 packages and only used one for this project.
Anyway, kind of bend the wire in half and gently poke the two ends through the fiber square. It goes through really easy. I actually only used 8 buttons for my entire kiln but might have to add more later. I used four for the kiln lid and four for the interior of the kiln. This seemed to work just fine for my first firing.
Pots by the Pound and Other News - Fall has brought a flurry of activity with it! We got a last blast of summer weather last week, including one day in the upper 80s. This was fabulous for...
2 weeks ago