Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Haven't Posted For a While

Actually, I haven't posted for a long time. I guess I've just been too busy with work, writing for my other blog, Coulee Region Art, and shoveling snow. I haven't made any new pots for a couple of months and am itching to throw some clay and burning to fire a raku kiln.

I am also currently building a website jeffguin.com. Right now I am just figuring out how I want the site set up so I am creating pages and links and adding photos of pottery that I have made in the past. The site tends to change every day but hope to finish it up soon.

Outside of my activities stated above, I plan on finishing the fiber lid for my brick wood burning kiln, clean and tune-up a treadle wheel that is sitting in the studio, fire up the fiber raku kiln, clean the studio, throw some pots---Well, lets just say I'd better get to doing and stop the "planning."

2 comments:

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

Sounds like an ambitious plan. Hope it all goes well.

Mr. Young said...

I'm interested in how you get the wares into the kiln... and back out. I ask because this size kiln might be something I can build at the high school, to teach the students about wood firing. I have been following the building process, and can't wait to see how it works!