Friday, December 23, 2005

Favorite Four

2005 was an exciting year in clay for me. Although I was pulled in many dierections by the creative possibilities of clay and my total output of finished pieces was smaller than usual, I am very happy with the end results.
My four favorite pieces are the wood-fired tea bowls above. They are now part of the California Collection (gifts to my mother and brother who live in California).
My first experience with wood firing, thanks to Tony Ferguson, has focused my creative energies into the process of firing and the desire to build my own kilns. I am currently building a propane, fiber lined, Raku Kiln and also preparing to build a small wood-fired brick kiln.
My progress on the kilns will be posted on my blog. Oh! If you're interested in wood-fired pottery, you must check out Tony's WebSite www.aquariusartgallery.com

No comments: