Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Barrel Firing No. 3



Yipee! Yipee!

Finally. After weeks of rotten windy weather and set backs of some sort or another I was able to light up my 3rd barrel fire. Although, this one almost didn't happen as well.

I wanted to light it up on Friday afternoon, but too much wind. Wanted to light it up Saturday, but too much wind. Sunday was a great day so I jumped in the jeep for the short drive to the kiln and my truck died. Just died. Conked out going up the Coon Valley hill and I couldn't get it started. Had to get it towed back into town. Needless to say I was pissed off and bummed out. It really seemed like I was never going to get this barrel lit.

Don't know what happened to the truck but it started up the next day and although it was a little bit windy, I was going to light this barrel kiln.

I got a good load of hard hickory wood from my friend Tom but it was a bit green. Dang near ran out of matches before I got this thing going, but I got it going. I started it about 1pm and after feeding it for about an hour and a half let it burn down to coals.

Stay tuned for the results. Hope to have them posted tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest.